Monday, June 20, 2005

I am back from Cali...

My trip to SF was great! I don't care what anyone says, this is the best all-around big city. "The City" (not San Fran, Frisco, or anything else for that matter) has such a diverse yet unified mix of culture, atmosphere, social consciousness, and relaxed sophistication that it truly is remarkable. Seattle is the only city that comes close...very close. As soon as the plane lifted off the ground I began to miss it.

While there my friend "R" and I were inseparable, and laughed throughout the entire trip. He is truly a great friend and brother. He and I visited the Baha'i Center and were very fortunate to get a full tour. As a child I remember there being only two floors, there are actually four floors with an "old-timey" elevator. There has been much remodeling and it looks great. If you get the chance while in SF, go to visit the Center (call first) and you will treated as honored guests. I also was fortunate in being able to attend Feast with my very first Baha'i Community in Vallejo, Ca. It was wonderful, there were so many friends that I remember (and that remember me) and got to meet a few new friends as well. I also was lucky to meet a wonderful Baha'i in Napa, Ca who welcomed me into her home and we had such a heart-warming discussion. She told me stories about her experiences Travel Teaching in China recently. Very inspiring.

FYI...If there is anybody who is interested in paying for my moving expenses, provide a place to live, and find a job for me in SF please send me an email.......Just Kidding........(not just kidding)........ok, just kidding.........(nope, not kidding) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home