Saturday, June 11, 2005

Last chance to dance...

I have been given a gift that I am so thankful for. Because of my kidney failure I have faced my own mortality and that has allowed me to see that my time here is finite. I realize that if I'm lucky, I may have another 10 years. I hope more, but perhaps less. But if I keep that in mind then each day becomes more valued and it easier to sort through the minutiae (great word, eh?) of everyday life and focus on what is truly important to me, what will bring me sincere satisfaction, and what will allow me to gain a stronger relationship with God. Throughout my life I have pushed many boundaries, some personal and some social, and I have learned my strengths and my weaknesses. I know my thresholds and my capacities in most things. I have begun using a phrase that reminds me of my "bigger picture"; its a bit silly, but it fits well in my thoughts: "Its my last chance to dance...and I wanna Boogie."

Figure out a way to make your life mean something positive to the world around you.