Friday, June 17, 2005

Earth Children

I have received some emails about using the term "earth children" to refer to the band at the Race Unity Day. First, I am VERY surprised that anyone has even visited my Blog. It is so new and with only a few entries, none of which are very interesting.

I use the term "earth children" to describe the modern counter-culture youth of today. I don't think the term "neo-hippy" or just "hippy" has the right connotation, although still accurate. Earth children are modern, tech-savvy, activist-minded youth that still uphold the same peace, love, and tolerance mentality as their predecessors in the 60's and 70's.

As a side note: I envy them in a way, as I have never been so cool as to be considered "counter-culture". There are people who are the "real deal" and are legitimately cool and edgy. But when I try to be on the cutting edge I usually end up bloody. :D